How to setup a domain alias in Plesk?
If you have registered with a domain name registrar several domain names that you would like to point to the same web site that you host on this server, you should set up domain aliases.
To set up a domain alias:
- Log into your Plesk control panel. In the "Websites & Domains" section, select "Add New Domain Aliases."
- Enter the domain name you want to alias in first box & select the domain name from drop down menu to which you want to alias.
- Select the Mail check box, if you want e-mail directed at the e-mail addresses under the domain alias to be redirected to the e-mail addresses under your original domain name.
- Example: You have an e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. You have set up an alias for your domain name, for example, alias.com. If you want to receive mail to your mailbox email@example.com when it is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, select the Mail check box.
- Select the Web check box. Otherwise, the web server will not serve the web content to users coming to your site by typing the domain alias in their browsers.
- Click OK.
When you set up a domain alias, resource records in its DNS zone are copied from the original domain name. This means that if your original domain points to an external mail server, your domain alias will point to that mail server too. However, to accept mail for the domain alias, the external mail server should be configured accordingly.
Was this answer helpful?
Specify a Catchall E-mail Account in Plesk: Go to the 'Mail' Tab Click 'Change Settings' icon...
There are a few ways to change your Contact and Password information in Plesk The first way is...
Set up Anonymous FTP access in PleskAnonymous FTP is available on Windows Dedicated Servers only,...
After you signed up and paid for your hosting, you were sent a link in your new account email....
To access your mailbox through Webmail: Open a web browser, and type the URL:...