How to use the File Manager in Plesk?
Use the File Manager in Plesk:
The file manager is used to upload, remove and organize all website files.
- Click Websites and Domains
- Choose File Manager
** TIP ** Main website files are stored in Httpdocs directory.
To Add and Remove a Directory:
- To create a new directory click "Add New Directory" icon
- Type in the directory name and click OK. This creates the directory and will automatically direct you inside it.
- To go back to the Parent Directory click on the ".." icon
- If you need to remove a directory click the check box and hit remove
- Check the confirm removal check box and press OK
To Add a new file:
- Click "Add New File" icon
- Select Upload a file to upload and Create a file to make a new file
- Click Choose File
- Browse for a file you want to upload and click Open and then OK
To Change the file permissions:
- Click on the Lock icon in front of folder/file
- Set which groups of users will be able to read, write and execute the file and click OK
Was this answer helpful?
Create and manage User Accounts in Plesk: You can create user accounts so the user can access...
Find and install Applications in Plesk:There are several free applications available for...
Create E-mail Aliases: Log into the Plesk control panel. Click on the Mail tab. Select an...
Create additional FTP accounts in Plesk: Click Website & Domains Click on "FTP Access"...
view website statistics in Plesk: Statistics are detailed reports on how your resources and...