How to change the password of your cPanel account?
Change the password of your cPanel account:
There may be times where you would like to change the password of your account. It is recommended to change your password at least once a month. It is also recommended to have the password be alpha numeric so it is difficult to guess.
The steps to change your cPanel password are as follows:
- Login to the cPanel
- Click Change Password
- In the box to the right of Old Password, provide your old password.
- In the box to right of New Password, provide the new password. This password should contain uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers and non-numeric symbols. (example. aB3#$f^&G*1)
- In the box to the right of New Password (again), provide the password once again for verification.
- DO NOT uncheck the box for "Allow MySQL password change". (This does not reset any passwords for your database users; rather, it keeps you able to login to phpMyAdmin via cPanel.)
- Click the Change your password button.
You have now just changed your password. Before you proceed, you will be prompted to log back into cPanel.
Requesting a New cPanel Password for cPanel:
If you have lost or forgotten your cPanel password, you can reset it by submitt ticket on email@example.com
Was this answer helpful?
Accessing Web Disk and WebDav in cPanel: Web Disk (also known as WebDAV) is a drag-and-drop...
Create and Remove an Addon Domain in cPanel: An addon domain is a fully functional domain that...
Document Root Folder: The document root is the folder where the website files for a domain name...
Create and Delete Park Domain in cPanel: Parked domains are often used by businesses that want...
When you move databases to our servers, the database name and username may change. This change...