Changing Name Servers of Domain Print this Article
Name servers are essentially addresses for a server which you can use to point a domain to a desired server. If you registered a domain with a new hosting package, the domain should already be pointed to the proper WebSupporters server, but sometimes you may have incorrect name servers or need to change which name servers your domain is pointed to.
To change nameservers of domain,please see the below steps:
- Login to http://www.websupporters.com/members/login.php
- Go to Domains.
- Click My Domains.
- Under My Domains you will see your registered domains with options:
- The domain's registration date
- The Domains Next Due Date / Expiration date
- Domain Status whether is pending, active or expired.
- Whether or not the domain is set to automatically renew.
- When you click on a Manage Domain in the right side of the domain name, the Domain Overview window will open and show more details and options for the selected domain.
- Click on Nameservers.
- On the Name Servers page, you can edit the name servers which the domain will point to. There is 2 Options:
- Use default nameservers:If you check this,the WebSupporters default nameservers will be applied.
- Use custom nameservers (enter below):If you check this ,you need to enter the nameservers you want to point.
- Once you have entered your name servers, click Save Name Servers to save your changes.Please remember that name server changes can take 24 to 48 hours to propagate.
If you want to use managed DNS with your domain, the name servers for the domain must be set to the following:
Was this answer helpful?
You will get the domain renewal invoice 10 days before expiry date of domain.If you get the...
It is important to note that domain name registration does not require that webhosting be...
According to ICANN regulation, whenever a domain is registered, accurate information must be...
ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) regulates domain registrations and...
An EPP code is an authorization key provided by your old registrar and required by your new...