Changing MX, A, CNAME Records in Plesk? Print this Article
- Log into the Plesk control panel.
- Click on the Website & Domains tab.
- Go to DNS Settings
To change an MX record:
- Click on the MX record to edit.
- Leave Record type as MX.
- Leave Enter mail domain blank.
- Change the Enter mail exchanger to the name of your mail server (this name is supplied by your email hosting company).
If necessary, change the Specify priority of mail exchange server to the desired setting.
To change an A record:
- Click on the A record to edit.
- Leave the Record type as A.
- For Enter a domain name, enter the subdomain you want to host.
- For Enter IP Address, enter the IP of your desired server.
To change the CNAME record:
- Click on the CNAME record to edit.
- Leave the Record type as CNAME.
- For Enter a domain name, put in the subdomain you want to host.
- For Enter a canonical name, change it to the name of your desired server.
- After making the changes above, click OK.
The changes will take between 24 to 72 hours to update the DNS records on the internet.
Was this answer helpful?
Create additional FTP accounts in Plesk: Click Website & Domains Click on "FTP Access"...
After you signed up and paid for your hosting, you were sent a link in your new account email....
To upload database to plesk: Log into the Plesk control panel. Click on the Website &...
Use the File Manager in Plesk:The file manager is used to upload, remove and organize all website...
Find and install Applications in Plesk:There are several free applications available for...