How to use the File Manager in Plesk? Print this Article
Use the File Manager in Plesk:
The file manager is used to upload, remove and organize all website files.
- Click Websites and Domains
- Choose File Manager
** TIP ** Main website files are stored in Httpdocs directory.
To Add and Remove a Directory:
- To create a new directory click "Add New Directory" icon
- Type in the directory name and click OK. This creates the directory and will automatically direct you inside it.
- To go back to the Parent Directory click on the ".." icon
- If you need to remove a directory click the check box and hit remove
- Check the confirm removal check box and press OK
To Add a new file:
- Click "Add New File" icon
- Select Upload a file to upload and Create a file to make a new file
- Click Choose File
- Browse for a file you want to upload and click Open and then OK
To Change the file permissions:
- Click on the Lock icon in front of folder/file
- Set which groups of users will be able to read, write and execute the file and click OK
Was this answer helpful?
Creating Email: Log into the Plesk control panel. Click on the Mail tab. Click "Create E-mail...
Create and manage User Roles in Plesk: You can configure how much access each type of user has...
To change an MX, A or CNAME record, do the following: Log into the Plesk control panel. Click...
There are a few ways to change your Contact and Password information in Plesk The first way is...
How to Create Mailing Lists: Click on the Mail tab Click on the Mailing Lists tab. Click the...