How to change the password of your cPanel account?
Change the password of your cPanel account:
There may be times where you would like to change the password of your account. It is recommended to change your password at least once a month. It is also recommended to have the password be alpha numeric so it is difficult to guess.
The steps to change your cPanel password are as follows:
- Login to the cPanel
- Click Change Password
- In the box to the right of Old Password, provide your old password.
- In the box to right of New Password, provide the new password. This password should contain uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers and non-numeric symbols. (example. aB3#$f^&G*1)
- In the box to the right of New Password (again), provide the password once again for verification.
- DO NOT uncheck the box for "Allow MySQL password change". (This does not reset any passwords for your database users; rather, it keeps you able to login to phpMyAdmin via cPanel.)
- Click the Change your password button.
You have now just changed your password. Before you proceed, you will be prompted to log back into cPanel.
Requesting a New cPanel Password for cPanel:
If you have lost or forgotten your cPanel password, you can reset it by submitt ticket on email@example.com
Was this answer helpful?
PHP Configuration Plugin in cPanel: If you ever encounter problems with the way your server...
Generate or Download a Full Backup in cPanel: A full cPanel backup makes a copy of all of your...
The public_html folder is the web root for your primary domain name. This means that public_html...
Connect to the MySQL Database in cPanel:In order for your MySQL database to work as intended, it...
The commands below are compatible with Linux hosting plans only. These plans include Shared,...