The Zone Editor can be utilized for creating common DNS records, like, A, CNAME, and MX records. Through the Manage link, you can add custom DNS records, such as CAA, TXT, AAAA, and SRV records. The instructions below provide the general steps to create DNS records.
NOTE: cPanel’s Zone Editor functionality will only work if your domain is pointed to WebSupporters name servers.
To add a DNS record in cPanel?
- Login to cPanel
- Once logged into cPanel, click on the “Zone Editor” located in the Domains section of cPanel.
- Find your domain in the list under the Domain heading. Under the Actions heading, click on the Manage link that corresponds with the domain you want to create the record for.
- Click the +Add Record drop-down menu button and select the option for the record you would like to add.
- Notice the page now includes fields to enter the details for the new record at the top of the list. Enter the details of the record into the appropriate fields.
- To save your new record, click the Add Record button.
A DNS change requires up to 72 hours to propagate worldwide.