Databases are relational structures used for storing data. Databases are indispensable in modern web hosting, and most of the popular CMS requires a database to operate. cPanel supports MySQL database servers and enables you to add, remove and access databases, as well as manage database users.
To create a database and a database user in cPanel:
- Login to cPanel using current username and password.
- Once logged into cPanel, click on the “MySQL Database Wizard” located in the database section of cPanel.
- On the next page to MySQL Database Wizard enter a name for your database and click Next Step.
- On the next page Username enters a username.Enter a password next to Password, enter it again for Password (Again) and then click Create User.
- On the next page, you’ll assign privileges for the user to the database. Check the box next to All Privileges and then click Next Step.
- Congratulations, now you know how to successfully create a Mysql database!