Databases are relational structures used for storing data. Databases are indispensable in modern web hosting, and most of the popular CMS requires a database to operate. Plesk supports MySQL and MSSQL database servers and enables you to add, remove and access databases, as well as manage database users.
To create a database and a database user in Plesk:
- Login To Plesk control panel.
- Go to the Databases.
- Next page click Add Database
- Assign a name to your database within the Database name field and select the database server Mysql or MSSQL from the drop-down menu.
A database must have at least one user account associated with it. Otherwise, it will be impossible to access the database. You can create a database user while creating a database by selecting the Create a database user check box. Alternatively, you can select a user later, for example, if you want to use one of the existing user accounts.
- Select Create a database user. if you want to create a new user for this database and enter a username and password for it. Otherwise, deselect the option.
- Assign a username to your database within the Database username field.
- Assign a password to your database user within the New Password field.
- To use the database user for accessing any of your databases, select User has access to all databases within the selected subscription.
- Click Ok
- Now your database will now be set up and ready to use.
If you want to upload a database from your local machine to server. Please click here.