This support Knowledgebase article describes how to install and enable a Lets Encrypt SSL Certificate (HTTPS) for your domain or sub-domain. Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated Certificate Authority (CA) which allows the rapid installation of SSL certificates. The latest Plesk Lets Encrypt extension provides this as an easy option for you to use.
To Install Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate on Domain or Sub-domain in Plesk.
- Login to Plesk Panel using current username and password.
- Go to the Websites & Domains.
- Locate the name of the domain or subdomain you wish to install Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate for
- Then Click on Let’s Encrypt.
- Enter a valid email address in the field and check the box next to Include www … if you want the SSL certificate to cover the domain both with and without the “www” prefix, and then click the Install button.
Note: If you do not check the Include www … box, then your certificate will be valid only for example.com. If you do check the box, both example.com and www.example.com will be covered.
- Once installed, you will be returned to the previous page where a success message will let you know the process is completed.
- If the process was not successful, check that the domain name you entered is valid. The domain name you entered in the Let’s Encrypt request form must:
- Please check your domain spelled correctly.
- Please check your domain registered and active.
- Please check your domain resolve in a browser to our servers.
If you have just created or added the domain to your server, make sure that you also have changed the required nameservers.