- In Plesk, database dumps are created in the SQL format and saved as ZIP archives. If you need to create a dump in another format or to set custom settings for a dump, use the native functionality of database management tools (phpMyAdmin, phpPgAdmin, or myLittleAdmin). For the instructions on how to perform import and export with database management tools, refer to the tools’ built-in help sections.
To Upload or Restore Database using Plesk Panel?
- Login To Plesk control panel.
- Go to the Databases.
- Locate the name of the database you wish to upload or restore the backup from your local machine.
- Then click on Import Dump in the database tools pane
- To choose a dump from your local computer in select Upload and click Browse. Then select a database backup file.
- you will see the success or failure message in the right side of the message box.
If you are restoring MSSQL database please use .bak file format to restore mssql database. If you are restoring mysql database please use .sql file format to restore mysql database.